Water Damage Emergency Tips
When Water Damage occurs either on your home or business, there are few tips or steps you can follow in order to be safe and wait when the proper help arrives:
• Ask yourself if it’s safe to stay at home or the affected area.
• Electrical exposures might slip or fall, check out for those that represent a risk to you or others nearby.
• Make sure to move consciously around the affected area.
• Some material can be slippery and heavy, stay away from them.
What To Do when flooding take place:
• Get rid of excess water by mopping and blotting.
• Certain furniture need first action such as: wood furniture followed by Lamps, and tabletop items. Those are more sensitive to get damage by excess of water.
• Move out we upholstery and cushions.
• Put aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
• We recommend turning on air conditioning for maximum drying.
• Take away colored rugs from wet carpeting.
• Put away art objects and put them into a safe and a dry place.
• Pick up loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
• Don't leave wet materials in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
• Do not leave books, magazines or other tinted items on wet carpet or floors.
• Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
• Don't use television or other domestic appliances.
• Don't turn on ceiling equipment if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (772) 334-8762