Avoid Fire Damage Emergencies this Valentine's Day
Avoid Fire Damage Emergencies
While fire emergencies can result from multiple causes, there is never a convenient time or occasion to deal with fire damage. Although, according to data, fire departments across the country respond to home fire emergencies every 86 seconds on average, there are different preventive measures people can take to avoid such emergencies in different scenarios or on special occasions, including Valentine’s Day.
At SERVPRO of Martin County, we want to make sure that the only flame burning bright in your life is the flame of love. To make safety a priority on this special occasion, here are four safety tips to help you avoid fire damage on Valentine’s Day:
- Candle management: when using candles to decorate a room or a dinner table, there are a number of things to consider whenever evaluating risk. From the type of candles, candleholders and the stability of surfaces, to the presence of kids or pets moving around the house, it is important to evaluate whether using open-flame candles is safe enough in your current living conditions. If using candles, keep them at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn (drapes, blankets, loose paper, decorative items) and avoid leaving them unattended, while extinguishing them before leaving the room. For safer options, consider battery-operated candles that can give a similar look compared to the real ones.
- Consider decorations: although mylar helium balloons can be a beautiful way to decorate your Valentine’s dinner, you need to secure them by making sure they can’t fly away. The outer material of these balloons conducts electricity, which can make them explode when in contact with power lines. The effects could be as small as sparks or as big as knocking down a power line, creating an outage.
- Cook safely: according to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), 50% of house fires start in the kitchen. Fire resulting from unattended cooking is the most frequent cause of residential fires. For Valentine’s Day, practice safe cooking tips from beginning to end, including cleaning appliances thoroughly before using them, not leaving food unattended or leaving the kitchen when frying or broiling. Be sure your oven and stove are far enough away from curtains and other flammable materials.
- Check out your heaters and smoke detectors: when doing preparations for Valentine’s Day, it is important to inspect the proper functioning of devices that can either cause a fire or detect fire on any level. If using portable heaters, give them enough space by ensuring they are at least 3 feet away from window curtains, furniture, sheets or any decorative items susceptible to heat. Also, make sure you check out your smoke detectors before cooking to ensure that they are in good condition. Fix any installation issues and change the batteries if needed.
If an emergency takes place and restoration services are needed, SERVPRO´s fire and water damage cleanup team is professionally trained and equipped to restore all spaces to an even better condition they were in before the fire. If you are a home resident of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, St. Lucie County, Hobe Sound or Port St. Lucie, SERVPRO of Martin County has mitigation and cleaning services and a team of professionals available and ready to assist you whenever needed. Call us today at (772) 334-8762.
Does water damage get worse over time?
Water Damage, your problem our solution
When a water damage emergency strikes your home or business, a prompt response will certainly make a difference between a type of damage that is controllable and damage that results in a total loss and devastation. Within minutes, water has the potential of contaminating and gnawing moisture-sensitive surfaces, increasing claim costs. If untreated, the problem will only keep escalating rapidly until becoming a health hazard to the building’s occupants. From the appearance of mold, to rusty pipes leading to gastrointestinal problems, or rotten wood welcoming all kinds of infestations, water damage can find many ways to become hazardous to humans and entire building structures.
At SERVPRO of Martin County, we are water removal and cleanup specialists and are ready to service your home and business when flooding or water leaks cause water damage. After assessing your water damage problem, our technicians will closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is thoroughly and properly dried. We will quickly dry your property using state-of-the-art water removal equipment and advanced drying techniques while documenting the drying process to make sure your property is dry and the job is done right.
If you are located in the areas of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, St. Lucie County, Hobe Sound or Port St. Lucie, and your property has been affected by water damage, call SERVPRO of Martin County at (772) 334-8762, for a free assessment, and benefit from hiring an experienced, professional water damage restoration service.
How do you get rid of the smell after fire damage?
Get rid of the smell after fire damage
During a fire, the smoke extends throughout the building and gets absorbed in porous materials and objects such as wood, furniture, textiles, carpeting, drywall and air ducts. Although acting quickly after a fire can make a difference when it comes to the overall indoor air quality of the building, if the structure of the building remained intact, it is very likely that the smoke became trapped inside.
Though cleaning up after a fire and seeing the state of your possessions can be devastating when the awareness of what has been lost is realized, having adequate guidance on what to do can be crucial to preventing the current damage from escalating. If your property has been unfortunately affected by fire damage, here are five cleaning steps to perform to get rid of the persistent smell resulting from either burned materials or objects exposed to the fire.
- Ventilate the property: opening windows and doors while cleaning out the house will let out the smoke smell while allowing fresh air to come in. When airing out rooms, try to use fans in doorways in the direction towards windows to push out the smoke odor.
- Wash surfaces: from furniture, counter-tops, shelves, wood surfaces, tile floors, and baseboards, wash all surfaces with a solution of water (1 gallon), a cup of white vinegar and a teaspoon of dish soap or shampoo. Using a spray bottle, spray all solid surfaces and scrub them thoroughly. Then wipe them with clean cloths and repeat the process if a strong smell keeps coming from the cleaned surfaces.
- Remove and clean curtains and soft fabrics: by using regular washing detergent and a cup of white vinegar in your washing machine in a cycle of warm water, you can clean soft fabrics such as sheets, drapes and clothing. White vinegar is a heavy-duty cleaner ideal when trying to get rid of smells or difficult spots, so a long cleaning laundry cycle should be enough to clean and deodorize your fabrics.
- Clean and vacuum existing carpets: for carpeting and upholstery that has absorbed smoke particles, a 3-hour treatment of baking soda can help to neutralize the odor. Before deciding to clean it completely, sprinkle baking soda on your affected carpets and use a broom on the area to help spread it. Let it sit for a few hours and then vacuum it until all existing baking soda is removed. If the odor persists, consider hiring professional cleaning services.
- Call for help: while these steps are essential to avoiding smoke odor becoming a worse air condition problem that poses hazardous to occupants of the building, getting professional help from SERVPRO of Martin County will certainly make a difference in the process of cleaning and repairing your property. At SERVPRO we have all the industrial cleaning equipment ready to give all the surfaces and contents of your home a thorough cleaning. Let our team make your loss "Like it never even happened.” When fire or smoke damage affects your home or business, call SERVPRO of Martin County at (772) 334-8762, or visit our Blog online for more information: https://www.SERVPROmartincounty.com/blog
Why SERVPRO: Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
SERVPRO: Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
If fire or water damage sidelines your business, it is crucial to get a professional restoration company on site that can help you handle the disaster as quickly as possible, to prevent further damage. As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO our Martin County provides emergency fire and water restoration services as well as professional cleaning. Our highly trained and certified technicians are available 24/7 to handle any type of disaster resulted from either natural disaster or human activity, no matter the size of it. Let our team make your loss "Like it never even happened." The advantages of acquiring restoration services with us include:
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
If you are in the areas of and Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound or Port Saint Lucie, and your business was unfortunately affected by a catastrophe and is requiring mitigation or cleaning services, call us today (772) 334-8762 for free assessment.
Commercial Restoration Services
Commercial Restoration Services
Water and fire damage can interrupt your business operations without notice. Whether resulted from a natural disaster or human activity, there's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up or trying to manage the disaster is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. When an emergency that requires immediate response occurs, SERVPRO of Martin County has the training, equipment and resources to get your commercial property back to business quickly. Our services include:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm and Major Events
- Disaster Recovery Team
SERVPRO´s Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists, highly trained and strategically positioned throughout the United States, are ready to handle any disaster no matter its size. All large losses are supervised locally by a commercial operation manager to help ensure on time mitigation. Available 24/7 our team is prepared for the unpredictable.
If you are looking for commercial restoration services and are located in the areas of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound or Port Saint Lucie, call us (772) 334-8762.
SERVPRO Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services
SERVPRO Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Martin County specializes in commercial cleaning, mitigation and restoration. Our highly trained team, ready to clean and restore almost anything at any time, offers a number of different carpet cleaning methods to match any type of upholstery or carpet:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
From preventive maintenance and dry cleaning to premiere cleaning for toughest cases, SERVPRO of Martin County will take care of your business with our exclusive cleaning products designed to sanitize your carpet to get it looking restored and rejuvenated.
If you are looking for carpet cleaning services in the areas of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound, Port Saint Lucie, call SERVPRO of Martin County (772) 334-8762 for assessment and appointments.
Reasons to Hire a Janitorial Cleaning Company
Have Questions? Call Today (772) 334-8762
While everyone appreciates fresh-smelling air when entering buildings or having access to clean restrooms at work, proper janitorial cleaning is not always accessible for businesses that require regular maintenance or immediate cleaning of their spaces after human use or occupation. As a company specialized in commercial cleaning and mitigation services, SERVPRO of Martin County is ready 24/7 to respond to any scenario needing cleaning or restoration, no matter the size of it.
With over 50 years of expertise, SERVPRO of Martin County serves various types of buildings that go from restaurants and educational centers to offices and medical facilities. Because we understand the importance of a clean business environment for the well-being of employees and customers, we strive to provide the best service as possible as fast as we can.
If you are looking for janitorial services in the areas of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound, Port Saint Lucie and are planning to improve the cleanliness of your facility, call SERVPRO of Martin County today (772) 334-8762, and we will help you to customize the cleaning-solution that meets your real needs.
Why SERVPRO: Customer satisfaction is our priority
Customer satisfaction is our priority
At SERVPRO of Martin County, customer satisfaction is our number one priority. As a locally owned and operated company, we strive to provide our customers with the best experience possible and respond as fast as we can. Here is what some of our customers have said recently.
“Didn't know what to do until I called SERVPRO of Martin County! They absolutely helped me with the water damage in my kitchen. Thanks again!”
I am very thankful I called SERVPRO when my hot water heater leaked. The technicians were very knowledgeable and took great care of my house. The office was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend them!
I've had to have several mold incursions cleaned, and SERVPRO of Martin County is the only one I can count on!!! Thanks guys!!!!
SERVPRO’s overall service was outstanding. They came within a few hours to our house to start taking care of our water flood issue. Water damage remediation was done with high quality work effort to our complete satisfaction. Very professional and friendly work crew.
If you are looking for restoration or cleaning services and are located in the areas of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound, Port Saint Lucie, call us today (772) 334-8762 for free consultation and appointment scheduling.
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster
We can handle the big stuff!
From natural disasters such as floods, hurricanes, earthquakes or fires to troubling scenarios resulted from leaks or human activity, there are a number of situations that can lead to business interruption.
While the costs resulted from these disruptions often make impossible for businesses to ever recover financially, the fact that a better planning has proved to reduce the number of days out of business for owners is a good reason for wanting to update your risk management plan.
SERVPRO of Martin County has the expertise to help you assess risk and planning for a disaster before it strikes. By developing an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business and establish SERVPRO as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider, our company will help you to minimize the damages resulted from a variety of scenarios. Benefits of an ERP include:
- A no cost assessment of your facility which means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time, so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- A priority facility plans with details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
If you are located in the areas of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound, Port Saint Lucie and are interested in improving your own risk mitigation plan call us today (772) 334-8762 to get started!
Why SERVPRO: Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
As communities prepare the best way possible can to reopen businesses after a year of recession, SERVPRO of Martin County continues to inspire safety with our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, dedicated in bringing a higher standard of clean to businesses of Florida.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning ideal to prevent the spread of COVID-19 that goes beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning and. As a viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces that are part of our communities, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned has helped tens of thousands of businesses nationwide keep their doors open safely in the face of this pandemic. With over 50 years of expertise, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
How does it work? Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is grounded in our unique 3 Cs:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, which is why we’ll start by learning about the unique needs of each space.
- Clean: Based on the specific needs of the business, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-approved, hospital-grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to CDC standards.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to comfort and security of their employees, customers and community.
If you are located in the areas of Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound, Port Saint Lucie and are looking for cleaning services that meet the high standards demanded by uncertain times call us (772) 334-8762 to schedule your appointment.