Recent Cleaning Posts
Cleaning and Disinfecting Services for your Facility
Cleaning and Disinfecting Services for your Facility
There are so many important reasons why you should have a clean and disinfected environment at your facility. Not only does it attract more clients to your business, but it also keeps you and your customers safe and healthy. To keep the surroundings sanitary, some owners decide to hire specialized professionals to handle their cleaning and disinfecting.
When hiring professionals to clean and disinfect your facility, they will cover areas that are not always noticeable to the eye but that are also vitally important to be kept clean and sanitary. At SERVPRO of Martin County, we clean and disinfect according to the protocols set forth by the CDC guidelines. We cover places such as educational, healthcare, hospital, and food service facilities. We clean and disinfect areas such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, toilets and so much more.
Call us today at (772) 334-8762, if you have any questions about any of the cleaning and disinfecting services we offer. Find us in Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, St. Lucie County, Hobe Sound, and Port St. Lucie.
How do you know if your air ducts need to be cleaned?
How do you know if your air ducts need to be cleaned?
If you own an HVAC unit, then you know that having the air ducts cleaned is important for your indoor air quality. Some people think that because they have a filter in their system the air ducts do not need to be cleaned. However, it is important that the air ducts are cleaned every 2 to 5 years.
Maintaining the air ducts cleaned will not only help restore the peak of energy efficiency, but also reduce the potential for mold growth or odors in your home. If your system is given the proper maintenance, and filters are changed at least twice a year, this will increase the time you can go between professional cleanings. Living in an area where there is a high volume of pollution, or the area is surrounded by construction, can definitely clog up your HVAC unit because of particle build up.
At SERVPRO of Martin County, we help keep your HVAC unit clean to maximize the life of your equipment, saving you money in the future. We cover the following areas; Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, St. Lucie County, Hobe Sound, and Port St. Lucie, Florida. Call us today at (772) 334-8762, if you have any questions about our services! We are more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have!
What is included in commercial cleaning?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Badge
Business owners may have the option of cleaning their buildings themselves or hiring a commercial cleaning business to clean the building for them and many find that there are numerous benefits offered by hiring a commercial cleaning service for this work. They also understand that there are certain things to look for in a commercial building cleaning company.
A professional commercial cleaning company will want to visit your premises first to discuss your requirements and to see what they have to clean. They will then draw up a bespoke contract for your business. When contracting a cleaner you need to think about everything you want them to do. Some businesses may request a weekly window clean and floor clean and do everything else themselves, and others will want a detailed cleaning schedule to be followed that includes tasks such as:
- Clean windows (inside and outside)
- Clean all floors
- Remove rubbish from desk bins
- Dust all desks and reception surfaces
- Clean toilets and replenish towels and toilet Rolls
- Clean fridge and microwave
- Clean carpets
Free yourself from the duty of cleaning by hiring a commercial cleaning business for all of your commercial cleaning needs.
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties require a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. SERVPRO of Martin County has the resources and expertise to give you excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients. We can help make it “Like it never even happened.” We proudly serve in Palm City, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Hutchinson Island, Saint Lucie County, Hobe Sound, Port Saint Lucie and Martin County.
Have Questions? Call Today – (772) 334-8762
When should you get your carpet cleaned?
When should you get your carpet cleaned?
Carpets are a beautiful addition to your home: they decorate the floors with your own personal stamp, from bright to neutral colors, from rustic to fancy, from solid to uniquely patterned.
However, they also require proper care to look their best. If you don’t vacuum and wash it often enough, your carpet will become full of dust, dander, and even germs. And if it’s neglected for too long, it can be hard or even impossible to restore it to its original color and texture.
The problem is that carpets, unlike other materials, don’t show well how dirty they are. The surface may not look dirty, but the base has already started to accumulate pollutants. By the time the surface appears dirty enough to warrant cleaning, the dirt and grime are so deep-seated that the carpet will still look dull and dingy even after cleanup.
Therefore, a visual inspection is not a good measure for when your carpet needs to be cleaned. The rule of thumb for cleaning a carpet is:
- Spot cleaning: as soon as they’re noticed.
- Vacuuming: once per week.
- Deep cleaning: once per year.
However, keep in mind that not all households are the same, and some may need to have more regular cleaning. Families with children, pets, or smokers would do better vacuuming twice a week and deep cleaning every six months. Cases of extreme traffic and dirt require vacuuming four times a week and deep cleaning every three months.
The best way to know how often you should clean your carpet is by asking a carpet cleaning professional, like SERVPRO of Martin County. An expert will consider not only the traffic your carpet receives, but also the material and even the warranty of the carpet.
A carpet cleaning professional will not only clean your carpets thoroughly, following quality standards, but they will also know the best method for cleaning your carpet, like hot water extraction or dry cleaning.
If you live in Stuart, Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, Palm City, or any other city of the Martin County area, you can call the SERVPRO of Martin County experts for professional carpet cleaning.
The SERVPRO of Martin County carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home or business.
Get your carpet professionally cleaned and watch it gleam again!
Phone: (772) 334-8762
Cleaning & Disinfection Services to avoid Coronavirus
Cleaning & Disinfection Services to avoid Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus crisis its very familiar to hear that the repetition of ‘washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds’ is a great way to remove any drops of the virus on your hands, but when you are living in close residences with other housemates or family members, it’s not just your hands that need to be clean.
Following the above mention, it is important that everyone acts as if they are an asymptomatic carrier of the virus who can infect anyone. This embraces taking precautions such as using clean mugs, and a proper disinfected set of cutlery or anything that comes into contact with your saliva and respiratory excretions, and storing them independent of each other.
Using constantly sanitize specially when in contact areas such as door handles, sinks, shower handles, etc. and keep windows open to the best of your ability to improve air circulation and quality is a must.
Regarding residential living units, avoid touching with your hands elevator buttons, railings of staircases or escalators, handle keys or any tissues should be properly disposed of in the bin once it has been used. All the above actions in addition to avoid social contact definitely are measures we can take into consideration.
However and the good news for our communities is that SERVPRO of Martin County provide Cleaning & Disinfection Services to avoid Coronavirus. Here our Common Biohazard Scenarios:
Blood borne Pathogens
We remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO of Martin County Professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
Illegal Drug Manufacturing Labs / Meth Labs
SERVPRO of Martin County realizes many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as "meth" are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. We follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
Sewage backups and dark water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. We remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, and help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
Do you need Cleaning & Disinfection Services to avoid Coronavirus?
We are available 24 hours a day—our highly trained technicians are standing by. We have the qualified trained professionals who are ready to respond to these incidents. We will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances.
The decontamination of a home or business due to trauma, sewage backups, chemical spills, hoarding or other biohazards can be both dangerous and emotional. Specialized training and experience is key when choosing a cleanup company to resolve these circumstances.
Do not panic we are the solution for Cleaning & Disinfection Services to avoid Coronavirus in your community.
Call Us Today (772) 334-8762 – SERVPRO of Martin County
SERVPRO of Martin County Professional are trained in adhering to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
Cleaning Services in Ocean Breeze, FL
SERVPRO of Martin County team cleaning a house
Cleaning Services in Ocean Breeze, FL is now possible!
SERVPRO of Martin County professionals provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service, with our residential cleaning services enjoy the comfort of a constant maintenance cleaning of your home, and create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
What to expect when you request Residential Cleaning Services in Ocean Breeze FL?
The moment you contact SERVPRO of Martin County for your cleaning residential issues you can expect:
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning: A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home. The SERVPRO carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t.
Air Duct Cleaning: Regular duct cleaning can increase your home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of the air you and your family breathe. If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, we include this service in your Cleaning Services in Ocean Breeze FL,
Sewage and Bio hazard Clean Up: Our professional are ready to assist in the clean-up of sewage and other bio hazard materials and provide deep cleaning services for your home. SERVPRO of Martin County is trained to safely remove bio hazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations.
Odor Removal: According to what type of odor and the related problems and source of the odors, we will dictate what techniques odor removal and deodorization professionals will employ. Our technicians have access to several odor removal products capable of penetrating surfaces to neutralize an unpleasant odor thoroughly.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential Cleaning Services in Ocean Breeze, FL will ease the burden of the constant maintenance cleaning of your home, but will also create a comfortable living environment for you and your loved ones.
Need Cleaning Services in Ocean Breeze, FL Call Us Today – (772) 334-8762
Maintaining your HVAC unit to keep Indoor air quality
SERVPRO of Martin County employee working on HVAC unit maintenance
Have you run a ductwork inspection at home or in your business recently?
Ventilation systems are often the biggest cause in poor indoor air quality. Maintaining your HVAC unit to keep indoor air quality is more important than most people think.
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating dust, pollen, debris and more contaminants.
Some health effects may show up shortly after a single exposure or repeated exposures to a pollutant. These include irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. Such immediate effects are usually short-term and treatable, but can affect the quality of your day-to-day life.
In these circumstances, we suggest you to contact us! We will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns and you can have peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system.
SERVPRO of Martin County Professionals can routinely inspect your heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC), keeping it clean as well as extending the life of the equipment. This can result in saving you money as well as help you to reduce your risk of indoor health issues.
The benefits of maintaining your HVAC unit to keep indoor air quality include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May helps to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps to reduce the potential for mold growth.
- Prevent health conditions related to inhaling bad quality air.
Even though duct cleaning is not always necessary, you may need it if you and your family are experiencing irritation in your eyes, nose, and throat, and perceiving a strange indoor constantly at home.
Maintaining your HVAC unit to keep indoor air quality is possible thanks to SERVPRO of Martin County! Make it a priority to inspect the duct work of your home, business or schools. By doing this you can ensure you are taking proper and responsible steps to provide a healthy space.
SERVPRO of Martin County offer several services that can help you reduce triggers of asthma and allergies and health risks related to indoor air quality, among others.
For more information on maintaining your HVAC unit to keep indoor air quality, call SERVPRO of Martin County today at (772) 334- 8762.
Lack in your ventilation system is often the biggest offender in poor indoor air quality
SERVPRO of Martin County technician working on ventilation system
How do you improve indoor air quality in HVAC?
Ventilation is usually just regarded as the V in the HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning) acronym. However, it is extremely important in the equation of indoor air quality, which means how good the air you breathe in indoor spaces is for your lungs.
Proper ventilation can control humidity and reduce airborne contaminants. This, in turn, improves indoor air quality. That’s why having a clean air conditioning unit and air ducts is highly recommended.
On the contrary, a faulty ventilation can induce the increase of airborne contaminants, resulting in bad odors, allergic reactions and mold growth. HVAC units combined with dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
If you are feeling discomfort when breathing, perceiving bad odors or having a runny nose, it may be a sign that your ventilation system is malfunctioning and you’re having indoor air quality issues.
Addressing problems and upgrading your ventilation system and ductwork are the best ways to improve your indoor air quality. Some of the things you can do are:
- Clean your HVAC and ductwork
- Regular maintenance
- Regular duct sealing
- Clean your air conditioner’s filter frequently
- Inspect for mold
When was the last time you inspected the ductwork in your home or business? If you are experiencing the above mentioned, it may be time for some checkup at your HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
Fire or suspect mold growth, as well as bad odors in most circumstances, might be the causes of an inappropriate work of your HVAC system and ductwork. SERVPRO® of Martin County uses a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
SERVPRO® of Martin County can inspect your ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. Keeping your HVAC system and ductwork clean not only provides cleaner, fresher air, but can also extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition.
When we address this issues, we will make recommendations about the best way to treat any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helping restore peak energy efficiency.
- Helping eliminate offensive odors.
- Helping reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, Contact SERVPRO® of Martin County to schedule an appointment today.
Phone: (772) 334-8762
Spring Cleaning Ideas for Your Workplace
Spring Cleaning Ideas for Your Workplace
Spring has become synonymous with cleaning. In North America, it has become the go-to season for millions to deep clean homes, get rid of unnecessary clutter, and organize everything.
Have you heard the expression… a clean place makes a happy space? Well its true! Have you been in certain spaces that are dirty, messy or smelly, and you just can’t wait to get away from it? You don’t need to have a superpower to understand that when you are in these dirty, cluttered, disorganized kinds of places you start feeling stressed and uncomfortable to the point you can’t concentrate and begin feeling irritable.
With clear rules and strategies, a workplace spring cleaning can also declutter your mind and improve productivity. If you are unhappy and stressed out after getting to work because of the dust, clutter, and disorganization, then it is a good idea to spring clean the area where you work, and possibly even the whole office. Don't be selfish about it – try and get your colleagues on board too, so that together you can improve the working environment for everyone's benefit.
Before you do a complete spring cleaning at work, here are some recommendations that might be very helpful:
Clean out your office drawers
I’m sure most people have a junk drawer at home—a one-stop spot for all your miscellaneous items. Often, our drawers at the office can turn into these types of storage spaces. Having a desk that appears to be clean and decluttered isn’t helpful if everything you need is thrown into drawers and cabinets. Use the same method you use to clean the filing cabinet; keep only the essentials!
Organize your filing cabinet
Like a closet is to a room, so is your filing cabinet to your office. If your filing cabinet isn’t organized, your office won’t be organized. Take all of your papers and files out, decide what needs to stay, throw away or recycle what isn’t relevant, then organize what you are keeping.
Take home nonessentials
From a gym bag or unused books to that extra winter coat, most people tend to have nonessentials in their workspaces. Having extra stuff in and around your workspace can be detrimental to your focus and productivity. Your desk doesn’t need to be completely void of your personality, but it may be helpful to decide what you use during your workday and what can be deemed nonessential.
Dust and air spray your electronics
If you work in an office, chances are you spend most of your time in front of a computer, and unfortunately, the elements of your digital workspace tend to attract the most unwanted particles. Monitors tend to be an attractive home for dust bunnies, and keyboards can also be an unwarranted receptacle for dirt and dust. At the end of each week, take the time to wipe down your computer and spray your keyboard. This is a good habit to form because it also helps keep your workspace germ and allergen free.
SERVPRO can help get your facility in tip top shape. In addition to air duct and HVAC cleaning, the SERVPRO team is trained to use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils hiding deep within your carpet, as well as focused stain removal and stain resistance applications. Other services include: upholstery and drapery cleaning, hard floor cleaning and care, and odor deodorization.
A clean environment is a healthy environment! Improve your living and work spaces this spring. If you need a little help, don’t worry, SERVPRO has the experience and tools to make your home or business sparkle in no time!
Have Questions? Call us Today: SERVPRO of Martin County (772) 334-8762
How to Clean and Maintain Carpets and Upholstery after the Holiday Celebrations
Carpets and Upholstery Cleaning
Hosting holiday get-togethers is one of the best parts of the season. But with big reunions, big dinners, and a lot of fun often come big messes. So, what are the most affected areas in your home after Christmas celebrations?
One of the major problems faced by most homeowners is how to clean the carpets and upholstery after a party. The general rule for carpet cleaning is… the sooner the better! …so, this means that if you act fast, the less you will need to clean.
Here are a few DIY ways in which you can clean the carpet and bring it back to its original condition.
Drinks: Some of the most common spills on your carpet or upholstery are soft drinks and wine. If this happens, blot the area with a tissue or a dry cloth to absorb the moisture. Once you’ve completely blotted the area, you can gently clean the area with warm water and dishwasher liquid.
Food spills: For minor spills, you can use baby wipes to wipe and clean the area. For solid stains like ketchup or chocolate, dip a cloth in white vinegar and apply it onto the stained spot. Repeat this several times until the stain disappears.
Candlewax and gum: Removing candlewax and gum from carpet or upholstery without damaging the material is a tricky affair. For this, freeze the candle wax or gum using ice. Once frozen, carefully pull it out from the carpet using an unsharpened object like a spoon. If there is any water residue, blot the carpet with a towel. Vacuum the carpet thoroughly.
Bad odor: To eliminate bad odors from your carpet, sprinkle baking soda abundantly onto the carpet. Let it stay for a period of time, preferably overnight. Vacuum the carpet thoroughly to remove the powder.
Oil: To remove an oil spill on the carpet, place a paper towel over the spill and iron the paper towel on a warm setting. The oil will be absorbed into the paper towel. Vacuum the area thoroughly and wash with a dishwashing detergent.
The above tips will help you handle spills and accidents that occur on your carpet. However, if you are not able to clean it as thoroughly as you would like, help is always at hand.
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavily soiled issues with your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type of carpet, and color of carpeting.
A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and professionals trained to the highest standards, you’ll want to give SERVPRO a call.
Call us today! Protect your investment by allowing us to clean and maintain your carpets and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers many cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning? Call Today – (772) 334-8762
We also offer a wide range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Are You a Street Art Victim? Tips on How to Remove Graffiti:
"Like it never even happened."
Graffiti can be seen in almost every city in the world. Unless your property has been the victim of Banksy (famous England-based graffiti artist), you would consider graffiti an act of vandalism that you might want cleaned off or removed.
Most modern signs clean quickly with the use of soap and water or solvents. Nevertheless, paint applied to a rough surface normally causes permanent damage. The character of the surface will change because, in some cases, due to the interaction between the paint and the porous surface, it is nearly impossible to totally clean off these street art pieces.
Here are some DIY tips for removing graffiti from various types of surfaces:
- Try using common paint thinner (ex: mineral spirits, lacquer thinner, acetone), or try graffiti removal products from the market.
- Try to remove it by rubbing with steel or bronze wool, or light sandpaper.
- Try power-washing it with a 3000psi pressure washer.
- If the wood is not weathered and is sealed with paint, stain or sealer, try to remove the graffiti by wiping it with mineral spirits.
- Try power-washing with a 3000psi pressure washer, however, observe carefully to make sure the pressure is not driving the paint deeper into the wood grain.
- A stronger approach is to sand the wood and repaint.
- Do not use paint thinners as they can soften the plastic, causing clouding or permanent tackiness.
- Try a light rubbing with ultra-fine steel or bronze wool to remove the paint.
- Try using a razor blade to carefully scrape it off. This method is 99% effective.
- Try using ultra-fine bronze wool with water to gently rub the paint off.
- Finally, you can also try using paint thinners on glass.
- Try to power-wash the graffiti with a 3000psi-pressure washer. Be careful in selecting the type of tip you use in the pressure wand.
- Try sand-blasting. As with pressure washing, be careful not to allow the sandblasting tip to remain in one spot too long as it can permanently etch the surface.
1. Painting over the graffiti.
When painting over graffiti, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind.
- It is recommended that you paint straight from the top to the bottom of the wall, or that you repaint the entire wall. Matching the paint color of the building- is very complicated, because mismatched colors do not improve the way the building looks, this only serves as continuing evidence of graffiti.
- If you are using white paint, use enough coats so that the "shadow" of the graffiti will no longer be visible.
- If the graffiti is a persistent problem, you may want to consider painting your building with a protective coating that makes graffiti removal easier.
1. Environmentally Friendly Removal
- Try citrus based graffiti removal agents that contain ingredients such as "natural orange extract". These products are biodegradable, they are essentially the same as graffiti removal agents and they are available at local retailers. Always keep in mind, citrus based products are usually safe to apply to almost any natural or painted surface, however, some plastics may become clouded or discolored.
Graffiti removal is not always a simple “spray it on, clean it off” issue. When approaching problem graffiti, you become very aware of how much more difficult it is to remove it than it is to apply it, especially in the case of rough surfaces. For routinely painted surfaces like fences and some walls, it would be wise to try matching the paint, since painted surfaces turn out best when repainted. But then again for a brick surface, especially red brick, we recommend a professional cleanup.
Remember, a rapid response is the key!
SERVPRO of Martin County will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from residential and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic, and masonry. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
- General cleaning and graffiti removal
- Brick, stone, and concrete cleaning
- Odor removal and deodorization
- Debris removal
- Water damage restoration
- Fire damage restoration
- Mold damage restoration
- Contents cleaning
Spring Cleaning Easy Guide
SERVPRO is here to help
Spring season is here !!! so are you ready to give your home a deep cleaning blast from roof to floor? Here is a great, easy and quick guide to start your home cleaning this spring.
First, we recommend you concentrate on the tasks that will require deep cleaning such as furnishings, appliances, and floors. Once you’ve covered these major tasks, you’ll have the rest your home spring-cleaned in no time.
Even though spring season everywhere in the states feels different, regularly it is a season in which we want to enjoy the outdoors more and neat up our porches and patios, install new landscaping, paint doors, wipe the dust off of your outside furniture, and clean those dreaded outside windows.
To make your Florida home sparkle and shine with these tips for getting organizedand cleaning your home with ease, we recommend beginning one section or room of your home at a time so you don’t get shocked along the way.
Kitchen area and appliances ready for family gatherings!
- First, we recommend throwing away unwanted items. Discard expired food items in your pantry and refrigerator, and donate tableware and small appliances that you no longer use.
- Now with more space and most of the stuff reorganized, wipe down the inside of your refrigeratorand wash out produce bins and shelving in the sink, using warm water and detergent.
- Remove water spots on stainless steel sinkswith rubbing alcohol. On a porcelain sink, cover the bottom of the sink with paper towels and soak the paper towels with bleach. Don’t forget to clean the dishwasher by running an empty load.
- To get rid of odors in the garbage disposal, cut up a lemon and drop some salt and ice cubes down there; the lemon deodorizes, and the salt and ice get rid of residue.
- Wipe downshelves, cupboards and drawers. This is also a great opportunity to do some reorganizing if needed.
- Clean the stovetop and oven, and wipe down the microwave. You can also use the microwave or dishwasher to disinfect that dirty spongewhen you’re done scrubbing.
- Finally, take out the trashand get a good scrub going in the trash can, where germs and odors can linger.
Bathrooms and shelves, prepare for new breeze!
- Start getting rid of items you no longer use, safely discardexpired medicines, throw old makeup, and organize the surviving itemsin drawer trays.
- Throw that moldy shower curtain and liner in the washalong with some towels and hang them up to dry; the towels will help scrub the liner and curtain clean.
- Clean tileswith a cup of baking soda and water (mixed well). Apply the solution with a mop
- Clean glass shower doorswith white vinegar if needed. Wipe down mirrors with alcohol and for the metal frames, furniture oil will get rid of those annoying water spots.
- Unclogyour sink, tub and shower drains using a snake tool to remove hair and gunk, and don’t forget to scrub down the toilet and tub.
Bedroom ready…new mood assures!
- Organize and clean your closet. Be sure todo your laundry first so you can get a better idea of what you’re working with when you organize it. Most everything can be washed cold, but it’s a good idea to use the hottest water for sheets, towels, and unmentionables.
- Start flipping your mattress and wash all the linens. Rotate pillows and covers, thenmake your bedto instantly create a sense of cleanliness and order. You can even vacuum the tops and sides of your mattress before rotating it.
- Dedicate one day to going room to room, pulling andsorting out of season clothing. Decide what to donate.
Finishing touches, Welcome Spring!
- Brushinterior painted walls and baseboards with a solution of warm water and dish detergent. Coverpaint marks, scratches in interior walls.
- Vacuumrugs, curtains, and window coverings. When vacuuming and cleaning floors, start in a far corner and work your way to the other side so you don’t get trapped in the middle.
- Steam cleanyour carpets and shake out area rugs.
- In the office, file important documents, recycle old magazines and shred old bank, mortgage, statements, and some paper that you no longer need.
- Test and change the batteriesin your smoke detectors!
after all the cleaning is done you’ll be ready to relax and enjoy your fresh and clean home! Organize these tasks among your daily activities, and put this useful checklist on your refrigeration to remember what to do. Don’t forget to grab some lemonade to sip while relaxing on your porch while enjoying spring weather!
SERVPRO has the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. Our residential cleaning services will ease the burden of the constant maintenance cleaning of your home, but will also create a safe, clean, and comfortable living environment for you and your family. Mold is very harmful and it is important to contact a professional to perform a proper mold inspection and remediation.
As You know SERVPRO is a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, our staff is equipped with the tools and skills to restore your property. If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today! SERVPRO of Martin and Saint Lucie County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage.
Make the Grade in School Indoor Air Quality
Air Ducts Cleaning Machinery
Kids and Clean Air
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, half of the national schools report poor indoor air quality and ventilation.*
You can ensure you are taking proper and responsible steps to provide a healthy learning space. SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals offer a number of services that can help you reduce Indoor Air Quality-related health risks and triggers for asthma and allergies.
Control moisture within 24 - 48 hours
• Remedy sources of mold, like leaks
• Clean HVAC systems
• Inspect and change air filters
• Clean duct system regularly and after remodeling or additions
*1995 EPA GAO Report
Spruce Up your Space
SERVPRO - Spruce Up your Space
Birds are chirping and the temperatures have warmed up—spring is fi nally here! Spring cleaning is a tradition allowing us to freshen our environment and get a head start on the hectic seasons of spring and summer. While many people deep clean their homes, this is also a great time to clean and organize your business.
SERVPRO® of Martin County can help get your facility in tip top shape. In addition to air duct and HVAC cleaning, SERVPRO® team is trained to use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils hiding deep within your carpet, as well as focused stain removal and stain resistance applications.Other services include: upholstery and drapery cleaning, hard fl oor cleaning and care, and odor deodorization.
A clean environment is a healthy environment!Improve your living and work spaces this spring.If you need a little help, don’t worry, SERVPRO® of Martin County have the tools to make your home or business sparkle in no time!
Spring Cleaning Your Workspace!
1. Divide Your Workspace Into Zones: Determine how you want and need to use the space and set up zones for your daily functions. You may require a workspace for your computer, a library area for your research, a storage area for supplies and a filing area for your archives. This will provide a foundation for a more efficient use of space.
2. Keep Only What You Need At Arm’s Length: Boxes of pens, stacks of papers and old coffee cups need to go. Rid your desk of visual clutter by paring down the items on top to the essentials only. Supplies, paperwork and personal items should be kept in the zones you’ve established for them.
3. Sort Your Catch-All Drawer: Use drawer dividers to give everything a place, like compartments for paperclips and rubber bands. Go through the drawer every six weeks and clear out anything that is out of place or isn’t being used.
4. Eliminate Digital Clutter: Digital clutter can be just as stressful as physical clutter. Organize digital files and your e-mail inbox just as you would paper fi les–with a system of logical and clearly labeled folders. Also, keep the icons on your desktop to a bare minimum, and trade in sticky notes on your monitor for calendar reminders.
5. Create A Daily Paper System: Consider creating hanging files or baskets labeled “To Read,” “To Do,” and “To File.” Establish set days for each, so that you don’t get behind or feel the overwhelming need to do everything at once.
6. Disinfect Regularly: Prevent the buildup of dust, dirt, food stains and fi ngerprints. Wipe down your desk, phone, keyboard and monitor once a week with disinfecting wipes.
Tips provided by Forbes, The Dangers of a Messy Desk.
ARE YOUR DUCTS IN ORDER?
Air duct cleaning
Did you know, your ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality? Inspecting the ductwork in your facility or home should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold, and irritating dust throughout your building or home.
A routine part of SERVPRO® of Martin County’s service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. SERVPRO® of Martin County will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, SERVPRO® of Martin County can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
If you have a fuel burning furnace, stove or fireplace, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends they be inspected for proper functioning, and be serviced before each heating season to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning.
The SERVPRO® Duct Cleaning System is proven and cost efficient. Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, SERVPRO® of Martin County uses a portable ventilation and air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For more information or to schedule a duct cleaning appointment, contact SERVPRO® of Martin County today.
Trauma Cleaning Martin County
Trauma Scene Descontamination is a very sensitive job that is best left to professionals. After a crime, death, or accident, the legal matters and emotional toll leaves little room for the people involved to think of clean up. To complicate matters even more, the by products of such scenes are usually classified as bio hazardous materials, and they require special handling that ordinary people are usually not knowledgeable in. To avoid the stress of having to deal with Trauma Cleaning Martin County yourself, call the professionals at SERVPRO. You can rest at ease, knowing that we will take the best possible care of the situation, following all safety and sanitation guidelines. Few people can handle Trauma Cleaning Martin County but at SERVPRO, we will take care of it for you with professionalism while upholding the highest standards of quality.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Trauma Cleaning Martin County, but our expertise can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened."